Intacct Sync - User Guide
This guide will help determine the correct way to set up the sync between your Intacct and PayMaker accounts, and provides important details to know before syncing.
Table of Contents
This section covers a high-level overview of the following:
- List of objects that sync from PayMaker to Intacct, and vice versa
- Known limitations
Intacct Sync and Known Limitations
|Object||Intacct to PayMaker||PayMaker to Intacct||Known Limitations|
|General||Chart of Accounts||Yes||Yes||Account labels not supported|
|Departments||Yes||Yes||- PayMaker uses default Intacct terminology, so changes to Intacct terms for Department do not sync over to PayMaker (e.g. we always display as "Department" in PayMaker)
- Department Groups do not sync
|Projects / Jobs||Yes||Yes||- Projects / jobs cannot be created in PayMaker
- Jobs are read-only in PayMaker
|Currency||Yes||Yes||- Multi-currency is not supported. PayMaker supports only one currency. By default it's set to USD, but it can be changed in Sync Preferences.
- If the Intacct account is a multi-currency account with multiple base currencies enabled, transaction currency will need to be set to USD in PayMaker
|Bank Account balance||Yes||No|
|Attachments||No||No||PayMaker does not sync attachments to/from Intacct. Use PayMaker to directly upload attachments. If attachments also need to be in Intacct, upload in Intacct after each transaction has synced.|
|Approvals||No||No||PayMaker doesn't sync approvals to/from Intacct, however, the ability to sync ONLY Approved bills and vendor credits to Intacct is available|
|Payables||Vendors||Yes||Yes||- Tax1099 works differently in PayMaker than Intacct. See best practices below to set up 1099 in PayMaker with Intacct.
- If creating two vendors with the same name in Intacct, only the first one will sync to PayMaker; the second one will result in a sync error
- PayMaker uses the Vendor Name for matching, so Name should be unique within PayMaker to avoid duplicates
- The sync supports Intacct inactivation. The sync will inactivate the Vendor in PayMaker.
- The sync does not support Intacct deletions. The sync will not delete the Vendor in PayMaker
|Bills||Yes, fully unpaid bills only||Yes||- Partially and fully-paid bills will not sync from Intacct to PayMaker
- When a bill with a voided payment is deleted in PayMaker the deletion cannot sync to Intacct - it must be manually reversed in Intacct
- The ability to sync ONLY Approved bills to Intacct is available
|Bill Payments||No||Yes||- Payments made in Intacct do not sync to PayMaker
- Partial payments: Payments cannot be applied to specific bill line items
- Voided payments: If a payment needs to be voided with a specific date, the best practice is to first void in Intacct and then in PayMaker
- The memo field for Offline Payments in PayMaker does not sync to Intacct
|Vendor Credits||Yes, fully unapplied vendor credits only||Yes||- Intacct does not allow us to specify which vendor credit was used in PayMaker
- Neither partial nor full vendor credit applications sync from Intacct to PayMaker
- Intacct adjustments do not sync. Negative bills will sync as vendor credits to PayMaker
- The ability to sync ONLY Approved vendor credits is available
|Purchase Order||Yes, once PO's are converted to unpaid bills||N/A||- The original Purchase Orders can not be viewed in PayMaker.
PO's and Receivers can be converted to Bills and Vendors in Intacct. Once converted, the bill will sync into PayMaker. PO Bills can then be approved and paid via PayMaker.
- The PO# must be in the "Reference Number" field of the bill/vendor credit in Intacct. The Purchase Order number will then appear on bills and vendor credits that originated from POs in PayMaker.
- Bills created from PO's (and synced from Intacct) should not be edited in PayMaker, or sync errors will occur
|Receivables||Customers||Yes||Yes||- If creating two customers with the same name in Intacct, only the first one will sync to PayMaker; the second one will result in a sync error
- PayMaker uses the Customer Name for matching, so Names should be unique within PayMaker to avoid duplicates
|Invoices||Yes, fully unpaid invoices only||Yes||PayMaker supports sales tax as an invoice line item, associated with a sales tax GL account|
|Advanced Sales Tax||N/A||N/A||Invoices cannot be created in PayMaker if using Advanced Sales Tax. Create invoices in Intacct with Advanced Sales Tax. The sync will bring them to PayMaker for payment.|
|Items||Yes||Yes||- The sync cannot bring the Chart of Account and Price fields of Items from Intacct into PayMaker. These fields are not exposed in the Intacct API.
- The Order Entry module must be enabled in Intacct for items to sync
|AR Payments||No||Yes||- Payments made in Intacct do not sync to PayMaker
- Payments cannot be applied to a specific invoice line item
- Voided payments: Payments that have synced, and are then voided, will generate a sync error, instructing the user to manually void in Intacct. The ability to sync the void of a previously-synced AR payment is not available in the Intacct API.
|Credit Memos||No||No||Credit memos need to be manually applied in both PayMaker and Intacct|
|AR Payment Convenience Fee||No||Yes|
|Sales Order||Yes, after SO's are converted to unpaid invoices||N/A||- SO's cannot be viewed in PayMaker
- Invoices created from SO's (and synced from Intacct) should not be edited in PayMaker, or sync errors will occur.
How to set up the account
Recommended configurations for the best sync experience
Multi-Entity account syncs must follow Intacct's existing Top/Entity logic. For example, if you are syncing at the Top Level and create a Vendor, the Vendor will be managed at the Top Level, and cannot be edited at the Entity Level.
Single-Entity account have no permission-level issues.
Below is a table with all the configurations we support. They vary based on the complexity of the configuration.
For Configurations A, B, C or D, refer to the Standard Sync Setup guide For Configurations E or F, refer to the Multi-Entity Sync Setup guide]
|Configuration||A: Single to Single||B: Multiple to one Entity||C: Single to Top||D: Multiple to Top||E: Single to one Entity||F: Multiple to Each Entity|
|Description||Single PayMaker account syncing to a single Intacct Entity||Multiple PayMaker accounts syncing to a single Intacct Entity||Single PayMaker account syncing to the Top level of Multi-Entity||Multiple PayMaker accounts syncing to the Top level of Multi-Entity||Single PayMaker account syncing to one Entity of a Multi-Entity account in Intacct||Multiple PayMaker accounts syncing to multiple Entities in a Multi-Entity account in Intacct|
|Sync Login / User||Company ID with or without Entity ID||No Entity ID||No Entity ID||No Entity ID||No Entity ID||Enter Entity ID||Enter Entity ID|
|Inter-entity Transactions||Transactions between 2 distinct entities, one entity using a cash account of another entity||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Lists (Vendors, GL Accounts, etc.)||Where are they set up?||Standard Level||Standard Level
Lists will sync into each PayMaker account
|Top Level - Unrestricted||Top Level - Unrestricted
Lists will sync into each PayMaker account
|Entity Level||Entity Level|
|Bills/Invoices/Vendor Credits||Where are they set up?||Standard Level||Standard Level (1-way)||Top Level||Top Level (1-way) ||Entity Level||Entity Level|
|Expected Limitations||Objects created at Entity level won't sync to PayMaker||Objects created at Entity level won't sync to PayMaker||Objects created at the Top level can't be edited via the sync (i.e. updates in PayMaker won't sync to Intacct)||Objects created at the Top level can't be edited via the sync (i.e. updates in PayMaker won't sync to Intacct)|
|Sync Setup Guide||Which sync manual should I use?||Standard Guide||Standard Guide||Standard Guide||Multi-Entity Guide||Multi-Entity Guide||Multi-Entity Guide|
|Notes||Configuration not recommended if using multiple Locations||Need to code transactions to Locations||Configuration not recommended if using multiple Locations|
 The sync will be limited to syncing transactions one way, from PayMaker to Intacct. Syncing transactions from Intacct to PayMaker isn't supported in this configuration.
- For the ideal integration for Configurations E and F, Lists and Transactions should be set up and managed at the entity level. If they are set up at the Top level, use Configurations C or D to sync at the Top level (in this case, updates made in PayMaker will not sync, and will create sync error notifications).
- Configurations C, D, E, and F assume that the multi-entity account is shared.
- For Multi-Entity (Distributed), use Configuration A or B.
- Configuration C or D (sync to Top level) must be used if:
- Objects are owned at the Top
- Reconciliation takes place at the Top
- Account uses Automatic Inter-Company Transfers
- Account will use Inter-entity transactions
- Edits are based on permissions in Intacct.
- If set up in Entity, then ID, Name, and Contact should be unique
Best Practices Overview
- Close date
- If syncing with Intacct at the top level (configuration C or D), you must set the closed books date in PayMaker manually to avoid sync errors
- Chart of Accounts
- To make a Chart of Account type Bank or Credit Card in PayMaker, create a bank account or charge account in Intacct, and associate it to the corresponding Chart of Account.
- Vendor 1099
- PayMaker tracks whether vendors are 1099 or not. PayMaker doesn't contain information about the 1099 box or type. Therefore, 1099 vendors created in PayMaker are synced to Intacct as form1099type=MISC and form1099box=7. If this default value is not what you need for your 1099 vendors, you should always create your 1099 vendors in Intacct so you can select the correct form type / box.
- 1099 Line Items
- PayMaker doesn't support selecting the form1099 per bill line item. Instead, you need to set the field 1099 Category on the chart of account(s) used on bills line item to any value other than "None" so they will sync as form1099=true to Intacct.
- Only unpaid bills sync from Intacct into PayMaker, so you should always initiate payments in PayMaker. You can pay via PayMaker (check or ACH), select to print check in Intacct, or record payment made outside of PayMaker. The sync will send the related payment or check to be printed in Intacct.
- We can't update paid bills in Intacct. If you plan to re-classify bills in PayMaker after they are paid, you need to enable Re-classify transactions in your Intacct configuration to avoid sync errors.
- Any POs in Intacct will sync to PayMaker once they are converted to unpaid bills. Once they sync, they are ready to be approved and paid.
- In order for bills to sync seamlessly into Intacct, you’ll need to disable approval in Intacct. This option is found under Accounts Payable > Configure Accounts Payable > Payment Approval Settings section. You’ll need to uncheck the “Disable Approval” option. If you choose to have this option unchecked, you’ll need to approve all bills for payments to be recorded.
- Vendor Credits
- Only unpaid vendor credits sync from Intacct, so you should apply vendor credits in PayMaker. When you make a payment with the vendor credit, we will sync it to Intacct where it gets automatically applied, based on the oldest available vendor credit. If you didn’t use the oldest available vendor credit when applying in PayMaker, you will need to manually update, in Intacct, which vendor credit was applied.
- Vendor Credits can sync to PayMaker but the application of the vendor credit is not supported. You will need to apply the vendor credit manually in PayMaker.
- Intacct adjustments don't sync. Negative bills do sync as vendor credits to BDC.
- Credit Memos
- Currently, Credit Memos don't sync to/from Intacct. They need to be manually applied in both PayMaker and Intacct.
- Bills/Invoices using Items
- Always code the bill/invoice with an Account. The integration doesn’t sync the Account associated to the Item.
If you do not see the described feature available in PayMaker, you may not have access to the feature based on permissions for your role and/or your plan does not have this feature. If you wish to get access to the feature, please review the available plans for PayMaker and upgrade accordingly or contact the Administrator of your PayMaker account. Changes in monthly user fees may apply.