Understanding Sync Preferences
The Sync Preferences determine where transactions will post in the accounting software. After connecting the sync, it is important to adjust the Sync Preferences to ensure that the sync functions properly. To review Sync Preferences in PayMaker:
- Click Settings
- Under Sync, click Preferences
NOTE: The below screenshot shows the Sync Preferences for an account integrated with Intacct. The Sync Preferences will differ based on the specific accounting software and modules enabled.
- Sync Automatically
- Sync Only Approved Bills and Vendor Credits
- Accounts Payable Account
- Unallocated Expenses Account
- Unallocated Income Account
- Default Bank Account
- Deposit To Account
- Funds Transfer Location
- Funds Transfer Department
- Funds Transfer Journal Symbol
- GL Account for Bank Account ****XXXX
- Master in Case of Conflict
Checking this box ensures that the sync is run at least once daily. The sync will run approximately 24 hours from the last sync time. However, the sync can always be run more often manually via the Sync Now button.
Sync Only Approved Bills and Vendor Credits
- Checking this box allows only those bills that have been fully Approved in PayMaker to sync to the accounting software. Bills in Assigned, Approving, Denied, or Unassigned status will not sync to the accounting software.
- Once enabled, this preference cannot be changed. It should only be enabled if using an approval process for every bill/vendor credit in PayMaker and do not require the ability to report on unapproved payables in the accounting software.
- This setting is only available for cloud accounting platforms, therefore it is not available for QuickBooks for Windows
Accounts Payable Account
- PayMaker syncs to a single Accounts Payable account used to track outstanding bills in the accounting software.
- Accepted account type: Accounts Payable
Unallocated Expenses Account
- If an expense account is not specified on a bill, the account selected for this preference will serve as a catch-all in the accounting software, to look for bills that need to be coded. Common accounts used include Ask my Accountant, Miscellaneous, Uncategorized Expense, or Other Expense.
- Accepted account types: Expense, Other Expense
Unallocated Income Account
- If an item or income account is not specified on an invoice, the account selected for this preference will serve as a catch-all in the accounting software, to look for invoices that need to be coded. Common accounts used include Uncategorized Income or Suspense.
- Accepted account type: Income
Default Bank Account
- When marking a bill as paid outside of PayMaker, this preference serves as the default payment account.
- Accepted account type: Bank
Deposit To Account
- This preference sets the default account for posting offline payments received in the accounting software. It is recommended that the Undeposited Funds account be selected here so that payments are automatically grouped together in one account and available to be deposited in the future.
- Accepted account types: Bank, Other Current Asset
Funds Transfer Location
An optional preference only available for Intacct and NetSuite configurations. Specify the location that funds transfers should sync to in the accounting software. For Intacct multi-entity configurations, select the location ID that corresponds with the Intacct entity the account is syncing to.
Funds Transfer Department
An optional preference only available for Intacct and NetSuite configurations. Specify the department that funds transfers should sync to in the accounting software.
Funds Transfer Journal Symbol
Specific to Intacct configurations. For this preference, enter the symbol of the journal to which PayMaker funds transfer should post. This is most commonly the Cash Disbursements Journal in Intacct, with a symbol of either CD or CDJ.
GL Account for Bank Account ****XXXX
- For this preference, select the GL account associated with the bank account listed in the preference name.
- Accepted account type: Bank
Master in Case of Conflict
This set of preferences controls edits made to list objects, one system's edits would override the updates made in the other system. It is recommended to select the system in which that particular list or transaction type will be maintained the majority of the time. This preference does not limit the sync to one side over the other; the ability to edit or create new 2 way sync objects/transactions in either PayMaker or the accounting software is still available. For example: Were you to edit a vendor in both PayMaker and the accounting software (without running a sync in between) and the changes conflict with each other, the master would override the updates made in the other system.
If you do not see the described feature available in PayMaker, you may not have access to the feature based on permissions for your role and/or your plan does not have this feature. If you wish to get access to the feature, please review the available plans for PayMaker and upgrade accordingly or contact the Administrator of your PayMaker account. Changes in monthly user fees may apply.