QuickBooks Windows Sync Error: You cannot change the type of a subaccount
Why the Sync Error occurs
This error occurs when a Chart of Account type has been changed and is no longer the same type as the parent account.
How to Fix the Sync Error
The type of a subaccount must be the same type as its parent account.
- Click on the account and review the type
- Click on the parent account and review the type
- The account type and the parent account type must be the same
- If the types are not the same, take one of these three steps to resolve the error:
- Change the account type to match the parent
- Change the parent account completely
- Remove the parent account