Tips for using sync with QuickBooks for Windows
Please consider the following when syncing data between PayMaker and QuickBooks for Windows.
- Managing and paying bills should be done in PayMaker and synced to QuickBooks for Windows
- Creation of bills or changes to bills in QuickBooks for Windows will not sync to PayMaker
- Updates made to a vendor credit in PayMaker will not sync to QuickBooks after the original version has synced
- Vendor credits are not applied via the sync until a bill is paid in full
- If a credit only covers part of a bill's balance, the credit will not be applied in QuickBooks for Windows until the remainder of the bill is paid, even though the credit is applied in PayMaker.
- In this case, the credit(s) should not be manually applied in QuickBooks for Windows or future payments will error upon syncing to the associated bill(s)
- When the remainder of the bill is paid, the vendor credit application will sync with the payment
- Create invoices in PayMaker or QuickBooks for Windows
- Send invoices and record payments in PayMaker
- If an invoice is created in PayMaker, changes can be made in PayMaker until a sync is run
- Once the invoice is synced to QuickBooks for Windows, changes to the invoice can only be done in QuickBooks for Windows
- Invoices live in QuickBooks for Windows, invoicing (sending/processing payment) lives in PayMaker
Things to know
- Locations do not sync
- Automatic sync not available
If you do not see the described feature available in PayMaker, you may not have access to the feature based on permissions for your role and/or your plan does not have this feature. If you wish to get access to the feature, please review the available plans for PayMaker and upgrade accordingly or contact the Administrator of your PayMaker account. Changes in monthly user fees may apply.