Inviting vendors to be paid electronically
ePayment is an excellent and easy way to pay vendors. The payment goes directly to the vendor's bank account. No waiting for checks to arrive and no trips to the bank! The fastest way to connect is to invite each vendor to be paid electronically.
- Sending an invitation when adding a Vendor
- Sending an invitation when adding an email address to a Vendor
- Sending an invitation to a private Vendor with a bank account already manually added
- Sending invites to multiple vendors at once
- Sending an invitation is just a few clicks away!
- Things to know
Sending an invitation when adding a vendor
When you add a new vendor to your Payables account in PayMaker, all the vendors matching that name will appear on the vendor pick list. You can choose an existing vendor from the list and automatically send an invite to network when the vendor is saved. Click View and edit email invitation to view and/or customize the email the vendor will receive. When you save the vendor, all company details associated with that vendor will populate in your vendor's information. Be sure the vendor on the list matches your vendor!
Sending an invitation when adding an email address to a Vendor
When you add an email address to a Vendor's details, you can send an invitation to network with you so they can be paid faster with electronic payments. View and edit email invitation to view and/or customize the email the vendor will receive. If they don't already have an account, they can open a Receivables account where they can receive payments from PayMaker users, manage customers and invoices, and connect with other businesses in the Bill.com Network.
Sending an invitation to a private Vendor with a bank account already manually added
Even if you add a bank account to a Vendor manually, you can send an invitation to network with you and not interrupt or delay any payments in the process. On the vendor record, simply click Invite to join Bill.com, edit the invitation as needed and send.
ePayments can still be sent to the vendor through the previously verified bank account until the vendor accepts the invitation, and adds a verified bank account. When the bank account is verified on the vendor's side, the original manually entered bank account will be inactivated, and ePayments will then be sent via the Network connection. If at any time the vendor cancels their account or the bank account is inactivated, the vendor will default back to check payments and a new bank will need to be added either manually in the vendor record or via network connection in order to resume ePayments.
Sending invites to multiple vendors at once
If you want to send ePayment invitations to multiple vendors at once:
- Click the Network icon
- Click Access additional network features here
- Next to Inviite, click View All to see all vendors available to invite
- Uncheck the boxes for the vendors you do not want to invite
- Click Next
- Verify the names and email addresses on the invites and edit as needed
- Click Customize invite if you'd like to customize and preview the invitation before sending
- Click Invite now
Sending an invitation is just a few clicks away!
Click Set up ePayments and we will display potential matches within the Bill.com Network:
- If one of the potential matches is your vendor, click Request to ePay and we'll send then a request to connect. Once they accept, your account will immediately be connected to theirs.
- If none of the potential matches are your vendor, click I don't see a match for my vendor and send an invitation for your vendor to accept to create an account connected to yours
Things to know
- A connection is complete when the vendor accepts the invitation
- Vendor invitations expire after 60 days