Payables payment timing - ACH or check
When using the PayMaker service, allow 4 banking days for both ePayments and mailed checks. After 5 qualified payments, payment timing for payments under $5,000 will be on accelerated payment timing (2 banking days).
Paying a bill
- Enter details on the bill and schedule a payment (Schedule a payment by 6 pm PT, and we'll start working on it the next banking day)
- We show an expected arrival date for each payment
- Allow 4 banking days for the payment to be received by the vendor (unless payments qualify for accelerated payment timing)
- Banking days are Monday through Friday (excluding bank holidays)
- The Pay screen will always show an Arrives by date for ePayments, and Est. arrival date for checks
- Check arrival dates are always shown as estimates, since we cannot guarantee USPS delivery times, and may take longer than 4 banking days to reach the vendor.
Weekends and bank holidays
When you schedule a payment via PayMaker, the earliest process date you can select is the next banking day. Weekends and holidays do not count in the banking world; if the day you select is a bank holiday or weekend day, the system will automatically push the process date to the next available banking day.
The holidays listed below are all recognized as banking holidays by the Federal Reserve System, which means that on these days of the year banks are closed and not operating in their normal capacity. We cannot process ePayments (ACH), checks and international payments on bank holidays.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans’ Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Keep an eye out for notifications of bank holidays while working in your PayMaker account so you can consider weekends and holidays when scheduling payments.
Do payments clear on holidays and weekends?
ePayments do not clear on bank holidays and weekends. If you schedule your payment on a weekend or bank holiday, we delay processing until the next business day.
If a weekend or bank holiday falls within the regular processing time for a payment, the payment will take an extra day to process, since banks do not operate on those days. That extra day will be reflected in the "Arrives By" Date.
If a bank holiday falls on a weekday
If you schedule a payment on Christmas Day that falls on Wednesday, it won’t actually process until Thursday, the next business day.
If a bank holiday falls on a weekend
If a bank holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, it could affect your payment process date. For example, if a bank holiday falls on a Saturday, it is usually observed on the Friday before.