Invoicing a client already using Bill.com
PayMaker customers can connect through our network to invoice each other and get paid - one company's eInvoice becomes another's eBill, along with all of the data, including attachments, and complete with status updates along the way.
How it works
First, connect through the Bill.com Network. Once connected:
- Create an eInvoice - the Receiving company creates an Invoice like any other- the system knows it is an eInvoice.
- Send the eInvoice - The eInvoice is sent when emailed.
- Accept the eBill - the eInvoice is delivered to the Paying company's PayMaker Inbox as an eBill. When the paying company clicks Accept, they will see the eInvoice with all of the data and attachments. The bill can be reviewed, and splits added if needed. The eInvoice status will reflect that the eBill was accepted.
- Approve and Pay - eBills can be routed for approval just like any other Bill, and then paid. The eInvoice status will reflect that the eBill was approved (if approvals are used), and paid.
- Close the eInvoice - under normal circumstances, the ePayment is automatically applied to the eInvoice, and the eInvoice is closed.
- Once the eInvoice has been accepted by the customer, communicate by leaving messages on the eInvoice, and review status updates.