QuickBooks Online Sync Error: The account period has closed or Books are closed in QBO for this period. Please record this change manually in QBO or open books in QBO to allow this change to sync.
Why the Sync Error occurs
This error occurs when a transaction that is attempting to sync to QuickBooks Online (QBO) is dated in a period that is closed in QBO.
How to Fix the Sync Error
If this is a "create" error
- Open the accounting periods to allow the transaction to sync ~ or ~
- Update the date on the transaction in PayMaker to a current period and sync
If this is an "update" error
- Contact Customer Support to clear the error and manually update the transaction in QBO ~ or ~
- Open the period in QuickBooks Online for transaction to sync
- Note: This is not recommended