QuickBooks Online Sync Setup Guide
This guide will walk through setting up the sync with QuickBooks Online.
Table of Contents
- Sync Overview
- Pre setup requirements
- Connect the Sync
- Sync Preferences
- Accounting Preferences
- Things to know
The following image shows what objects sync and in which direction.
Pre setup requirements
In order to complete the Sync Setup steps listed below, please note the following requirements:
QuickBooks Online: To connect the sync, a Master Administrator or Company Administrator is required PayMaker: A user with the Administrator or Accountant role is required (or custom role with manage company and sync permissions)
Connect the Sync
- Click the sync icon and click Setup QuickBooks Online
- Click Connect to QuickBooks
- Enter QuickBooks Online login credential
- Select the company in QuickBooks Online, if more than one, to sync
- Click Confirm Note: For accountants adding this for your own firm, select add app to firm
- Review that the company selected is correct, then click Authorize
- Select simple sync preferences The Sync is now connected.
The following settings will be set based on settings within QuickBooks Online:
- Show Account Numbers
- Use Locations
- Use Classes
- Use Customer/Jobs in Payables
- Use Items in Payables
To set additional or update preferences:
- Click Settings
- Under Accounting, click Preferences
- Click Edit
- Turn on any other settings that will need to be available in PayMaker
- Click Save
- Click the sync icon and Sync Now to run another sync
The sync setup with QuickBooks Online is now complete.
Things to know
- The sync will only pull in invoices created or updated within the last 90 days from the date the sync is first set up
- If an invoice older than 90 days need to be synced over to PayMaker, click Edit and then Save on the invoice - this will trigger an update. Since the sync queries for recent updates, the next sync will now pull in that invoice due to the update.
If you do not see the described feature available in PayMaker, you may not have access to the feature based on permissions for your role and/or your plan does not have this feature. If you wish to get access to the feature, please review the available plans for PayMaker and upgrade accordingly or contact the Administrator of your PayMaker account. Changes in monthly user fees may apply.