Verify and Rebuild a QuickBooks data file
If the QuickBooks for Windows company file is damaged, verify the company file and then rebuild it to correct any data damage. There may be a need to cycle through the verify-rebuild process more than once to correct all data damage.
Common reasons to use the Verify and Rebuild features
- Fatal errors when using QuickBooks Desktop
- Discrepancies on reports, such as invoices or bills that post with negative values
- Deposited payments show up in the Payments to Deposit window
- Balance sheet reports do not show all accounts
- Names are missing from lists
- Transactions are missing
- Run a well-data checkup to make sure the company file is error free
For instructions on how to Verify and Rebuild, see QuickBooks help article: Verify and Rebuild Data in QuickBooks Desktop
If you do not see the described feature available in PayMaker, you may not have access to the feature based on permissions for your role and/or your plan does not have this feature. If you wish to get access to the feature, please review the available plans for PayMaker and upgrade accordingly or contact the Administrator of your PayMaker account. Changes in monthly user fees may apply.