Determining a payment's process date
The Process Date is determined based on the due date of the bill and the Company preference for Lead Time set in the Payables Preferences area. By default, we suggest a Process Date of six business days before the Due Date. This Lead Time value field can be managed in Payables Preferences, as well as within each Vendors' record. In addition, the Process Date of any bill may be edited at the time the payment is scheduled from the Pay page.
Setting the system-wide payment lead time
- Click Settings
- Under Payables, click Preferences
- In the Lead Time field area, enter in the general preference
- This field refers to the number of days before a bill is due that payments will be scheduled to be issued. We recommend at least six days before the bill's due date, to allow for mail and processing time.
- Click Save
Setting a vendor-specific payment lead time
- Click Vendors in the left navigation pane
- Click the vendor you'd like to update
- Click Edit
- Toggle the switch to expand the Additional Information section
- In the Lead Time Days field, enter the vendor-specific lead time
- Repeat Steps 1-5 for each vendor where the system-wide payment lead time days does not apply