Intacct Sync Error: Your journal APJA is currently set to 'Accrual' reporting method which is not allowed for this transaction. The journal needs to be set as 'Both Cash and Accrual' reporting method in order to post your transaction.
Why the Sync Error occurs
This error occurs when the APJA journal reporting method is set to Accrual, but the transaction requires it to be set to both Cash and Accrual.
How to Fix the Sync Error
The steps to resolve this issue are to update settings in Intacct:
- In Intacct, go to General Ledger > Journals > Add
- Create the following two journals:
- ICR - "Inter-Company Receivables" (Type = Cash & Accrual)
- ICP - "Inter-Company Payables" (Type = Cash & Accrual)
- Go to Company > Subscriptions
- Click Multi Entity Console
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Place the ICR and ICP Journals in the Payables Journal and Receivables Journal fields