Sage Intacct: Notes and best practices
|Object||Sage Intacct to PayMaker||PayMaker to Sage Intacct||Known Limitations|
|General||Close Books Date||Yes||No||- When syncing with Sage Intacct at the top level (configuration C or D), best practice is to manually set the Books Closed Date, as only the most recent close date from any entity will sync to PayMaker, possibly preventing transactions from another entity from syncing, even if the period is not closed for that particular entity.|
|Chart of Accounts||Yes||Yes||- Account labels not supported
- 1099 information/flags do not sync between PayMaker and Sage Intacct. We recommend managing 1099 information in Sage Intacct directly
- In Sage Intacct, once account numbers are assigned to a chart of account, they cannot be changed, so this field is locked on accounts that sync with Sage Intacct, once saved
- DO NOT merge bank type accounts, this will potentially void and reissue payments when synced back to Sage Intacct
|Departments||Yes||Yes||- PayMaker uses default Sage Intacct terminology, changes to Sage Intacct terms for Department do not sync over to PayMaker (e.g. we always display as "Department" in PayMaker)
- Department Groups do not sync
|Projects / Jobs||Yes||No||- Projects / jobs cannot be created in PayMaker
- Jobs are read-only in PayMaker
|Currency||Yes||Yes||- Multi-currency is not supported. PayMaker supports only one currency. By default it is set to USD, but that can be changed in Sync Preferences
- Note: If the Sage Intacct account is a multi-currency account with multiple base currencies enabled, the transaction currency needs to be set to USD in PayMaker
|Bank Account Balance||Yes||No||NA|
|Payment Terms||No||No||Payment terms do not sync to/from Sage Intacct|
|Attachments||No||No||PayMaker does not sync attachments to/from Sage Intacct. Use PayMaker to directly upload attachments. If attachments are needed in Sage Intacct, upload in Sage Intacct after each transaction has synced|
|Approvals||No||No||PayMaker does not sync approvals to/from QuickBooks Online. However, the ability to have ONLY Approved bills sync to QuickBooks Online is available.|
|Payables||Vendors||Yes||Yes||- Tax1099 works differently in PayMaker than Sage Intacct. See best practices below to set up 1099 in PayMaker with Sage Intacct.
- If creating two vendors with the same name in Sage Intacct, only the first one will sync to PayMaker; the second one will result in a sync error
- PayMaker uses the Vendor Name for matching, so Name should be unique within PayMaker to avoid duplicates
- The sync supports Sage Intacct Inactivates. The sync will inactivate the Vendor in PayMaker.
- The sync does not support Sage Intacct deletions. The sync will not delete the Vendor in PayMaker.
|AP Funds Tranfer||No||Yes||Only one location per PayMaker account is supported for funds transfer|
|Bills||Yes, fully unpaid bills only||Yes||- Partially and fully paid bills will not sync from Sage Intacct to PayMaker
- When a bill with a voided payment is deleted in PayMaker, the deletion cannot sync to Sage Intacct - it must be manually reversed in Sage Intacct
- The ability to have ONLY Approved bills sync to Sage Intacct is available
- $0 bills will sync from PayMaker to Sage Intacct in the state "No Value"
- Bills entered in PayMaker over $10 million dollars will sync into Sage Intacct as $0 bills in the state "No value"
|Bill Payments||No||Yes||- Payments made in Sage Intacct do not sync to PayMaker
- Partial payments: Payments cannot be applied to specific bill line items
- Voided payments: To void a payment and use a specific date, perform the void in Sage Intacct first then in PayMaker
- The memo field for Offline Payments in PayMaker does not sync to Sage Intacct
|Vendor Credits||Yes, fully unapplied vendor credits only||Yes||- Sage Intacct does not allow us to specify which vendor credit was used in PayMaker
- Neither partial nor full vendor credit applications sync from Sage Intacct to PayMaker
- The ability to have ONLY Approved Vendor credits sync to Sage Intacct is available
|Purchase Order||Yes, once PO's are converted to unpaid bills||NA||- Purchase orders can not be viewed in PayMaker
- Create POs and Receivers in Sage Intacct and convert them to Bills and Vendors. Once converted, the bill and vendor will sync into PayMaker
- PO Bills can go through approval workflow and get paid via PayMaker
- The PO# must be in the "Reference Number" field of the bill/vendor credit in Sage Intacct. The Purchase Order number will then appear on bills and vendor credits that originated from POs in Sage Intacct
- Bills created from PO's (and synced from Sage Intacct) should not be edited in PayMaker otherwise sync errors will occur
- Bills created from PO's (and synced from Sage Intacct) will duplicate in PayMaker if edited in Sage Intacct. If an edit is required in Sage Intacct, the bill should be deleted from PayMaker first, then the edit performed in Sage Intacct. The bill will be resynced with the next sync.
|Receivables||Customers||Yes||Yes||- If creating two customers with the same name in Sage Intacct, only the first one will sync to PayMaker; the second one will result in a sync error
- PayMaker uses the Customer Name for matching, so Name should be unique within PayMaker to avoid duplicates
|Invoices||Yes, fully unpaid invoices only||Yes||PayMaker supports sales tax as an invoice line item, associated with a sales tax GL account|
|Advanced Sales Tax||NA||NA||Invoices cannot be created in PayMaker if using advance sales tax in Sage Intacct. Create invoices in Sage Intacct and the sync will bring them to PayMaker for approval and payment|
|Items||Yes||Yes||- The sync cannot bring the Chart of Account and Price fields of Items from Sage Intacct into PayMaker or PayMaker to Sage Intacct. These fields are not exposed in the Sage Intacct API.
- Items will only sync if the Order Entry module is enabled in Sage Intacct, and the Items dimension is enabled in PayMaker
|AR Payments||No||Yes||- Payments made in Sage Intacct do not sync to PayMaker
- Payments cannot be applied to a specific invoice line item
- Voided payments: Payments that have synced and then voided, will generate a sync error instructing the user to manually void in Sage Intacct. The ability to sync the void of a previously-synced AR payment is not available in the Sage Intacct API.
|Credit Memos||No||No||Credit memos do not sync and need to be manually applied in both Sage Intacct and PayMaker|
|AR Funds Transfers||No||Yes||NA|
|AR Payment Convenience Fee||No||Yes||NA|
|Sales Orders||Yes, after SO's are converted to unpaid invoices||NA||- Sales orders can not be viewed in PayMaker
- Invoices created from SO's (and synced from Sage Intacct) should not be edited in PayMaker otherwise sync errors will occur
- Invoices created from SO's (and synced from Sage Intacct) will duplicate in PayMaker if edited in Sage Intacct. If an edit is required in Sage Intacct, the invoice should be deleted from PayMaker first, then the edit performed in Sage Intacct. The invoice will be resynced with the next sync.
If you do not see the described feature available in PayMaker, you may not have access to the feature based on permissions for your role and/or your plan does not have this feature. If you wish to get access to the feature, please review the available plans for PayMaker and upgrade accordingly or contact the Administrator of your PayMaker account. Changes in monthly user fees may apply.