Intacct: Notes and Known Limitations
|Object||Intacct to PayMaker||PayMaker to Intacct||Known Limitations|
|General||Chart of Accounts||Yes||Yes||- Account labels not supported
- 1099 information/flags do not sync between PayMaker and Intacct. We recommend managing 1099 information in Intacct directly
- In Intacct, once account numbers are assigned to a chart of account, they cannot be changed, so this field is locked on accounts that sync with Intacct, once saved
- DO NOT merge bank type accounts, this will potentially void and reissue payments when synced back to Intacct
|Departments||Yes||Yes||- PayMaker uses default Intacct terminology, changes to Intacct terms for Department do not sync over to PayMaker (e.g. we always display as "Department" in PayMaker)
- Department Groups do not sync
|Projects / Jobs||Yes||No||- Projects / jobs cannot be created in PayMaker
- Jobs are read-only in PayMaker
|Currency||Yes||Yes||- Multi-currency is not supported. PayMaker supports only one currency. By default it is set to USD, but that can be changed in Sync Preferences
- Note: If the Intacct account is a multi-currency account with multiple base currencies enabled, the transaction currency needs to be set to USD in PayMaker
|Bank Account Balance||Yes||No||NA|
|Payment Terms||No||No||Payment terms do not sync to/from Intacct|
|Attachments||No||No||PayMaker does not sync attachments to/from Intacct. Use PayMaker to directly upload attachments. If attachments are needed in Intacct, upload in Intacct after each transaction has synced|
|Approvals||No||No||PayMaker does not sync approvals to/from QuickBooks Online. However, the ability to have ONLY Approved bills sync to QuickBooks Online is available.|
|Payables||Vendors||Yes||Yes||- Tax1099 works differently in PayMaker than Intacct. See best practices below to set up 1099 in PayMaker with Intacct.
- If creating two vendors with the same name in Intacct, only the first one will sync to PayMaker; the second one will result in a sync error
- PayMaker uses the Vendor Name for matching, so Name should be unique within PayMaker to avoid duplicates
- The sync supports Intacct Inactivates. The sync will inactivate the Vendor in PayMaker.
- The sync does not support Intacct deletions. The sync will not delete the Vendor in PayMaker.
|AP Funds Tranfer||No||Yes||Only one location per PayMaker account is supported for funds transfer|
|Bills||Yes, fully unpaid bills only||Yes||- Partially and fully paid bills will not sync from Intacct to PayMaker
- When a bill with a voided payment is deleted in PayMaker, the deletion cannot sync to Intacct - it must be manually reversed in Intacct
- The ability to have ONLY Approved bills sync to Intacct is available
- $0 bills will sync from PayMaker to Intacct in the state "No Value"
- Bills entered in PayMaker over $10 million dollars will sync into Intacct as $0 bills in the state "No value"
|Bill Payments||No||Yes||- Payments made in Intacct do not sync to PayMaker
- Partial payments: Payments cannot be applied to specific bill line items
- Voided payments: To void a payment and use a specific date, perform the void in Intacct first then in PayMaker
- The memo field for Offline Payments in PayMaker does not sync to Intacct
|Vendor Credits||Yes, fully unapplied vendor credits only||Yes||- Intacct does not allow us to specify which vendor credit was used in PayMaker
- Neither partial nor full vendor credit applications sync from Intacct to PayMaker
- The ability to have ONLY Approved Vendor credits sync to Intacct is available
|Purchase Order||Yes, once PO's are converted to unpaid bills||NA||- Purchase orders can not be viewed in PayMaker
- Create POs and Receivers in Intacct and convert them to Bills and Vendors. Once converted, the bill and vendor will sync into PayMaker
- PO Bills can go through approval workflow and get paid via PayMaker
- The PO# must be in the "Reference Number" field of the bill/vendor credit in Intacct. The Purchase Order number will then appear on bills and vendor credits that originated from POs in Intacct
- Bills created from PO's (and synced from Intacct) should not be edited in PayMaker otherwise sync errors will occur
- Bills created from PO's (and synced from Intacct) will duplicate in PayMaker if edited in Intacct. If an edit is required in Intacct, the bill should be deleted from PayMaker first, then the edit performed in Intacct. The bill will be resynced with the next sync.
|Receivables||Customers||Yes||Yes||- If creating two customers with the same name in Intacct, only the first one will sync to PayMaker; the second one will result in a sync error
- PayMaker uses the Customer Name for matching, so Name should be unique within PayMaker to avoid duplicates
|Invoices||Yes, fully unpaid invoices only||Yes||PayMaker supports sales tax as an invoice line item, associated with a sales tax GL account|
|Advanced Sales Tax||NA||NA||Invoices cannot be created in PayMaker if using advance sales tax in Intacct. Create invoices in Intacct and the sync will bring them to PayMaker for approval and payment|
|Items||Yes||Yes||- The sync cannot bring the Chart of Account and Price fields of Items from Intacct into PayMaker or PayMaker to Intacct. These fields are not exposed in the Intacct API.
- Items will only sync if the Order Entry module is enabled in Intacct, and the Items dimension is enabled in PayMaker
|AR Payments||No||Yes||- Payments made in Intacct do not sync to PayMaker
- Payments cannot be applied to a specific invoice line item
- Voided payments: Payments that have synced and then voided, will generate a sync error instructing the user to manually void in Intacct. The ability to sync the void of a previously-synced AR payment is not available in the Intacct API.
|Credit Memos||No||No||Credit memos do not sync and need to be manually applied in both Intacct and PayMaker|
|AR Funds Transfers||No||Yes||NA|
|AR Payment Convenience Fee||No||Yes||NA|
|Sales Orders||Yes, after SO's are converted to unpaid invoices||NA||- Sales orders can not be viewed in PayMaker
- Invoices created from SO's (and synced from Intacct) should not be edited in PayMaker otherwise sync errors will occur
- Invoices created from SO's (and synced from Intacct) will duplicate in PayMaker if edited in Intacct. If an edit is required in Intacct, the invoice should be deleted from PayMaker first, then the edit performed in Intacct. The invoice will be resynced with the next sync.
If you do not see the described feature available in PayMaker, you may not have access to the feature based on permissions for your role and/or your plan does not have this feature. If you wish to get access to the feature, please review the available plans for PayMaker and upgrade accordingly or contact the Administrator of your PayMaker account. Changes in monthly user fees may apply.